Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last entry for 2009.....

So many things are running through my mind tonight as I make one final entry for 2009. When I think back to the beginning of this blog it was to keep everyone in our family informed of Seth's progress. Well, as those of you who aren't family know, more have followed Seth's journey on this blog than just family. We are grateful for you! Your prayers are being felt and your support has helped ease our burdens. As we plunge into 2010 and make goals for the new year, I hope that we all have somewhere in that list to add a little something extra. As I spent last night at the hospital I realized there are so many patients in hospitals like this one all over. I also realized there are families, just like ours, with a child, grandson, cousin, nephew, or friend in these hospitals. So I thought it would be great if we all tried to lighten the burden for one family in this situation. You decide how, maybe it volunteering as a "baby-sitter" at the children's hospital by your home. (yes, they really have a program for this) which gives a mom or dad a much needed break when they need someone to be with their child 24/7. You could make a donation in someones name to help fight cancer! You can join the Riders Against Cancer organization and help get it up and running. You choose, but it would be great to get feedback on what you do!

As for Seth....he is receiving heavy duty Chemo for 5 days as wells as injections into his spine 2 times per week. This is undoubtedly going to make him a very sick little guy, but from what everyone has said, this is the best next step. He is so strong and knows nothing but to fight so we will do whatever we have to in order to encourage him to keep fighting. He will go 21 days from the end of Chemo and then start again. Of course, this is all subject to change, but I will give you the information as I get it.

Thanks for all your prayers! WE love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment