Monday, December 28, 2009

Update 12/28/2009


I just returned from visiting with Seth and Darin in the hospital tonight. It was great fun to play with Seth who is acting as though he feels fine. he is such a cute kid and he makes me happy! Darin was there and Shannon was home getting stuff together for another long stay at the hospital. Here's the scoop.....The Doctors have decided to throw everything they have at this Cancer. meaning strong Chemo with some that is part of a new trial. They will do injections in his spine as well. In order for Seth to receive the Bone Marrow Transplant, which he now needs, he will have to achieve remission. That is the sole goal for the next 2 months. It is likely he won't leave the hospital for at least 6 weeks, mostly likely 8.




I am so emotional as I write this and as I am trying to give you the facts I guess I feel like I am at liberty to interject some of my own feelings...since I am the blog author :) First, I ask for your prayers. I believe there is hope, always. I believe we can NEVER give up hope. I know that prayers are heard and answered. We have seen the power of prayer over the past months and frankly I expect nothing less than answered prayers as we continue. No doubt this has knocked us off our feet. But we must have hope. Second, I ask for you to keep your positive comments coming. Sometimes it seems as if there is nothing we can say, but I know your positive, loving, faith promoting comments help bolster in the darker moments, so PLEASE send your messages of love and support to Darin, Shannon, Seth, Corbin and Jenna. I promise, they read this blog and the comments! Third, I ask for you to help brainstorm with us for fund-raising opportunities; including being willing to help organize, host and donate. This is a very financially taxing challenge and we are committed to help them get through it with as little financial stress as possible. I know that many of you have some incredible creativity in making things, getting donations and just giving super ideas....so please let them flow, we are ready!



We love you all so much. This has been so amazing to see how wonderful people have pulled together for SethMan...so please, keep praying and pulling...

2 comments:

  1. Darin, Shannon, & Fam

    I have been following this blog on your seth man since we met up on facebook not long after his diagnois. And though I have never met your sweet wife or kids I feel through Tammy's words I know them. When Seth went home a few weeks ago I was so thrilled for your little family to be back together for the holidays and I prayed all would be well for you. My heart sank to hear of the news that your sethman is back in the hospital. Please know that I pray for him and your family. You guys are going through every parents worst nightmare. I look at my two girls and only pray that they can stay healthy. You are strong, amazing people. Hold on to that strength during those long hours when you feel lost and alone. Know that your Heavenly Father is aware of your fears and that he is there with you and seth where ever this journey takes you. My heart is with all of you and my prayers continous.
    Sincerely
    Kristy Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers go out to you and your family through these challenging times. I hope Seth has a speedy recovery.

    Bryan & Christine King

    ReplyDelete