Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday June 26, 2009




FINALLY, after two long weeks I got to visit Seth. So, bear with me here, there may be lots of information due to the fact I spent some time with him.

Some of the pictures will help explain, but he was sleeping when I arrived. He has to have oxygen close and believe it or not, he senses its there and "bats" at it in his sleep. You can actually feel slight air movement, but I found it interesting he was feeling it enough to be bugged. Also, he has a new tube in his nose in addition to his pic-line. When he woke up, he wasn't really very happy. He did settle down when he was able to get down off the bed and pick a movie...interesting, he picked "CLICK"...he thinks its a video game :) He also really loves his water. He drank quite a bit of it tonight while I was there. I imagine it must feel good on the sores in is mouth and throat.

Tonight was note-worthy for two reasons. Reason number one....he pooped! Now people, this was no ordinary poop, just ask Darin. It was impressive, especially to the nurse! Needless to say, they are taking him off the Miralax for now! Way to go SethMan and boy was I glad Darin was there to change it!

Second cause for celebration tonight...Seth had a bath. A real live, sit in a tub full of water bath! He wasn't to thrilled with it at first, but he did settle in for a few minutes of fun with some water guns, which by the way, I think I was more wet than Seth! Grandpa helped though! I hope he sleeps well for Darin tonight, they both look like they could use some good rest.

Right now Seth is still fighting for his chance to go home for a few days. He has some requirements he has to meet first. Everyone seems to be working at getting him to that point. Also, focusing on getting him to wear a mask so he can leave his room for some time 'out' will be great for him and mom and dad. So PLEASE continue your prayers on his behalf, we appreciate all you are doing!

Oh yeah....there is more information coming about the motorcycle ride in July, look for it and let us know if you interested in riding, donating, or helping in any way! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Your family is always in our prayers. I promise you we're coming up soon! I feel awful. We've been out of town and now I'm just trying to get caught up on orders from my shop. Did Teresa tell you that I'm going to make Seth a little hat to wear? Does he have a favorite color? Let me know. Or let Tammy know and she can email me. Hope you're all doing ok. Please let me know if I can do anything else help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is his infection? Glad to see him up a little. SKW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to let everyone know that reads this blog how much I appreciate all of your prayers. Your love and concern for our family is very touching to me and means more than I can say. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

    Grandma Bennion

    ReplyDelete