Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update 6/25/2009


OK people....I have been out of town / out of computer range for a few days. However, really no updates until now.

Seth has been in a lot of pain...a lot. This is not unexpected, its leukemia, meaning its in his bone marrow, meaning his bones hurt. Also, he has sores in his mouth and throat; side effect of the Chemo, these causing lots of pain. Also, after a CT scan yesterday they found an infection where his small intestines meet the stomach. They can treat the infection with antibiotics, however he can't eat. Not that he wants to, but until the infection is cleared up no food.

Now, to today...because of the pain he has been on pain medication. He is alternating (from the last information I got) between morphine and Oxycontin. This morning Seth stopped breathing. It is believed right now that this is due to the amount of pain medication. Not on overdose, just a lot for his body to handle given the level of strength he has right now. They are currently flushing out his body which is making the pain high, but they believe they need to pursue a different course of pain maintenance. Right now, Darin says he's resting. I will update when we know more, but PLEASE say a prayer for him now, this is a scary day for Seth and his parent's.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes okay. That is really scary. We are praying for them. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aspen the kids and I are praying for Seth and your family.

    Darin I hope you liked the gummy bears. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is breaking for Seth and his family. He looks so different now. We continue to pray for his body to be able to fight this disease successfully. SKW

    ReplyDelete