Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Fighter's Fight.....



This is one of those times that I am CERTAIN, no matter what I write, it won't come our right, it won't feel right and it won't be right. So please read with patience as I try and get through this.

Last night Shannon and Darin were given the preliminary results to a lumbar puncture and Bone Marrow Aspirate. The news was not good and not what we have been hoping to hear. There is infection in the spine (spinal meningitis) and a lesion of some sort (most likely infection) on the base of the brain. Also, there are leukemic blasts forming. Seth has had some noticable changes in his 'attitude' and looking back we can see why now. He hasn't really interacted much with anyone and seems to have moments of complete confusion and frustration that are hard to work through. This is all reflective of what the test results show. Darin and Shannon are going to take Seth home. Most likely this will happen on Monday, perhaps Tuesday. He will continue to be given medication to try and fight the infection and will have medication available to manage the pain. He will be able to spend time at home with brother and sister, mom and dad and family. We do not know how long this precious little boy will be in our presence, however, we are determined to love every minute we have with him and make them all count. I know there are a lot of questions, and some have answers, some don't. But bottom line is Seth has fought a fighter's fight and he is going to go home to enjoy his family.

I can't begin to describe my heartache. As most of you know I am Seth's aunt. I can attest to MANY MANY acts of kindness in this families behalf and they have not gone unnoticed. As some of my siblings and I gathered around our brother last night to lend support, I was overcome with a feeling of gratitude for family and all that it means. I was also able to spend some one-on-one time with Seth and I want you all to know what an absolute angel he is. Truly in every sense of the word that little man is an angel. His eyes are bright and clear and he is mindful of the love that surrounds him. He allowed me the privilege of holding his little hand for awhile and I was able to talk to him and tell him how much he is loved. It is a moment I will treasure forever.

I will continue to update this blog...perhaps on a more regular basis now to keep you updated on the fun times Seth will be enjoying with his family. I only ask that you send your comments if you feel prompted and if any of you have picture of Seth with our without his family I would sure love a copy...you can email me at dtwebarker@msn.com.

You are an amazing group of friends and family. Your prayers are heard and felt and we are grateful for the kindness you've shared and continue to share with our family at this time. God Bless you for it!

11 comments:

  1. Our love to you all at this difficult time in your life....... Draw support from you family, there is nothing more precious that you can have.....
    Our thoughts are with you and wish we could be with you in person........
    Love Uncle Bill and Aunt Creo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for you and yours, it appears that his Heavenly Father wantshim to be with Him, forever. Seth's mission on earth may have been toinspire his family to focus on the things that will reunite them in theeternities.My prayers are with you during this very difficult time.

    Jeff Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping me posted. I was up late last night wondering what the day had brought you. Your family is in my prayers and know that God will guide your family through this heartbreaking time. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.


    Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. No words could possibly help your pain and no one could say they know how you feel. I am so so sorry Karl I know that no child should pass before his parents or grandparents, but Jesus has a plan for Seth. My heart goes out to your family especially his mommy and daddy I am sorry you are hurting so much right now. I will pray for a miracle and for God to help your family through this difficult time. God Bless

    Marlen Salinas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is heartbreaking. It is hard to know the right thing to say.

    I am so glad that you are close and are able to spend time with Seth. I am saying big prayers for strength getting through this and for peace and comfort for this little angel. He must be so tired.

    He looks so beautiful and peaceful sleeping in the picture. We love you and miss you and are here if you need to talk.

    Courtney Shewmaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karl, Vicky and Family-

    Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family through this very difficult time. May he find peace at home with his family to keeps his spirits high.

    May God Bless little Seth to be strong and remain fighting the fight.

    God Bless you all..
    Love-

    Dane and Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a fighter and Came and I send are love and prayers to you and Vicky and the family. We hope and pray for a miracle. Stay strong. He is an angle and Seth will be protected by god’s hands no matter what the outcome.

    Lots of love my good friend.

    Wayne and Came white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart goes out to you and your family I could not even imagine the heartbreak this must be causing. He is such a beautiful little boy that does not deserve this pain. Show him how beautiful life can be no matter how long or short it is. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

    With many thoughts and prayers

    Much love

    Wendy and Ross

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m speechless. I’m thinking of little Seth and your family. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do. Enjoy every minute you have with him and his sweet spirit. He’s an amazing little boy.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon, corbin, jenna, and lil Seth

    My heart is broken as we hear this news,Handsome baby dude seth i want you to know you are our hero, you put up the best fight your lil body would allow, you did an amazing job, youve been thru so much this past year, now its time to come home and be with your family, i know corbin and jenna will love spending time with their baby brother, Your such sweet boy, you bring joy to everyone who meets you,i love your beautiful smile, and your always happy loving personality, and your laugh, and i love when you give me loves (kisses) i will cherish those forever, me and Cianna love you so so so much Seth, well see ya tomorrow when you get home

    To my amazing sister Shannon
    My heart aches for you every minute of the day, i cant imagine this loss for you as a mommy, this should never happen to any parent, and i dont understand why its happening, i guess i have to beleive god has a plan for us all, and this is part of seths plan, im just thankful he gets to come home and spend time with you, corbs, and jenna,and family, your such a good mommy to all your babies, youve been put thru so many trials, and youve done a great job, im very proud of you shannon for keeping the strenght to fight this fight with seth, its been along fight and you and that handsome lil boy both did your best, I love you both with all my heart, me and Cianna love you all xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love and prayers to ALL of you. You are an amazing family, and we love you!

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete